Through a formal application process, applicants must:
- Complete the application form and supply as much credible evidence as possible to substantiate the asthma/allergy benefit or claim.
- Provide samples of each product (where requested).
- Provide a full list of ingredients for all products containing chemicals.
- Demonstrate full compliance with all relevant Australian or New Zealand laws, regulations and applicable standards.
In addition, prospective applicants should note:
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that their product or service is not harmful and that there is research or evidence to demonstrate a potential benefit for people with asthma and/or allergies.
- Each product or service is assessed and considered by an independent (and voluntary) Product Advisory Panel.
- The Sensitive Choice® program is not a standards-based certification program. It is a marketing/certification program whereby products that have been approved by the Product Advisory Panel may be eligible to join the program subject to completion of a licensing agreement and payment of an annual licence fee (on a partner basis, this fee is not less than $6,000 in Australia, $4,000 in New Zealand, and negotiated for other countries on a case by case basis).
- Some categories are exclusive (or have limits) – this may prevent the admission of products into the program that would otherwise be acceptable.
- Participation in the Sensitive Choice® program does not represent that the product or service is the best or better than others in a category, simply that the product is acceptable and not harmful based on the evidence available.
To learn more about the program or to discuss whether your product/service may be suitable, please contact:
The Sensitive Choice Program Manager
Australia +61 03 9929 4333
New Zealand +64 0800 758 935
Or complete our below enquiry form
Joining Sensitive Choice