Sensitive Choice is a community service program created by the National Asthma Council Australia for all of us who want to breathe purer, cleaner, fresher air and reduce asthma and allergic reactions.
The program is of particular value to the millions of Australians and New Zealanders with asthma and the one in three of us who have allergies.
While the Sensitive Choice program and the products we approve do not claim to offer cures or treatment for such conditions, we conscientiously strive to help cleanse and purify the personal environments in which we all live and breathe.
To help you identify asthma and allergy-aware products, community-conscious companies use the Sensitive Choice symbol on their packaging. You’ll find that reassuring blue butterfly on hundreds of products – from bedding to building products, from cleaning agents to carpets, from air purifiers and vacuum cleaners to the paint you put on your walls.
This is the way we live. We breathe in. We breathe out. Every day. Doesn’t it make sense to make every breath the best it can be? Make a Sensitive Choice.
Aims of the program
The Sensitive Choice® program was developed to achieve the following:
- Educate Australians and New Zealanders about the importance of managing their asthma.
- Encourage manufacturers and suppliers to produce products and services that are asthma and allergy friendly and that could benefit people with asthma and allergies.
- Provide you and your family with a way of identifying products and services that may benefit people with asthma and/or allergies and improve your health and wellbeing.
- Generate sponsorship funds to enable both the Australian and the New Zealand asthma organisations to continue their work in improving asthma care.
If you see the blue butterfly when shopping, stop for a moment and think about your family’s asthma and allergy care.
- Do you know your triggers?
- Are you taking steps to reduce your exposure to your triggers?
- Have you had an asthma and allergy review with your doctor recently?
- Do you follow your asthma or allergy action plan?
How the sponsorship fees are used
The National Asthma Council Australia uses the sponsorship fees generated through the Sensitive Choice® program to support our important work.
Our priorities include:
- providing reliable information and advice for people with asthma and their families
- educating general practitioners and other health professionals about the latest in asthma management
- producing information on asthma management for primary care health professionals
- developing and advising on national health policy
- helping countries throughout the Asia-Pacific region to improve asthma management.
To find out more about the National Asthma Council Australia, please visit our website>>
More information about our program
To discuss whether your product/service may be suitable, please contact:
The Sensitive Choice Program Manager
Tel: 03 9929 4333
Or complete our enquiry form